Part of the Geek Girl Series
Nerd Female Analysis
Self-avowed geek Harriet informs her own story of friendship, parents additionally the extraordinary field of manner.
Harriet’s cleverness is not always outstanding services as she attempts to discover the girl method through teenager confusions as a geeky outsider but, in the long run, after some unanticipated moments regarding cat walk, all finishes better!
Shortlisted for Leeds publication honors 2014, 11-14 years category – Shortlisted for all the Roald Dahl witty Prize 2013 – March 2013 first for the Month
And all of our Lovereading specialist view for Geek woman a small number of LoveReading4Kids users are fortunate to-be welcomed to review this name. Here’s a taster. ‘i suggest this book to teenagers every-where, truly a timeless classic which will be appreciated forever, Read it!.’.
Scroll down seriously to find out more ratings.
Guides during the Geek Girl Show:
Geek Female Synopsis
“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek.”
Harriet Manners understands that a pet enjoys 32 muscle tissue in each ear canal, a “jiffy” continues 1/100th of a moment, together with average person laughs 15 instances daily. She knows that bats usually turn remaining when leaving a cave hence nuts are one of the elements of dynamite.
But she doesn’t understand the reason why no body in school appears to including the girl.
So when Harriet are spotted by a premier design representative, she grabs the opportunity to reinvent by herself.
No matter if it means taking the lady companion’s dream, incurring the wrath of this lady arch-enemy Alexa, and continually embarrassing by herself before impossibly good-looking design Nick. In the event this means lying to the people she really likes.
Geek Girl Audience Critiques
Family like to read and besides all of our Lovereading expert opinion a few of our Lovereading4kids viewer Assessment screen had been also lucky enough to learn and rating this subject. Look for their unique full recommendations by pressing here.
- Zoe thief – ‘i really couldn’t prevent reading this article publication. Indeed, folk, here is the form of publication that may keep you up all night long! You shouldn’t say you had beenn’t cautioned!’
- Robin Johansson,age 14 and Hannah Janman, years 11 – ‘nerd female is actually an amazing publication for girls specifically, a lot more of a teenage/issues drama than a young child’s guide. I found myself so annoyed while I complete it, I absolutely enjoyed it!’
- Meaghan Lagan, age 14 – ‘i must say i liked this guide as it got an overall twist.’
- Laoise Tabi, era 14 – ‘It was actually an extremely girly book, amusing and brilliant. Make fun of aloud top quality.’
- Kara, get older 11 – ‘After reading nerd Girl, we felt happy to get which Im due to the fact publication demonstrates you don’t need to end up like anyone else, you can just be yourself.’
- Stefanie Tucker, era 13 – ‘The story try new and that I discovered myself personally impressed.’
- Alice D’Angelo, era 14 – ‘Through the first-page, I appreciated Harriet ways along with her see on lifetime.’
- Sezen Mehmet, get older 12 – ‘I really liked reading nerd Girl. It actually was appealing and a great journey of feelings and laughs.’
- Delilah Acworth, era 13 – ‘I recommend this book to teens every-where, it really is a timeless standard that will be recalled forever, Read it!’
- Eloise Percy-Davis, get older 12 – ‘i enjoy the zany and warm-hearted method in which Holly Smale writes and that I anticipate reading more of this lady perform!’
- Izzy Read, years 12 – ‘Most people can relate genuinely to this publication, it covers a lot of elements of a person’s lifestyle; troubled to fit in, finding-out who you really are and having difficulties with friendships.’
- Rachel Bourn, years 13 – ‘this is actually the funniest book I’ve study in quite a while. Harriet along with her ideal (ONLY) pal Nat are two really enjoyable characters We have come upon.’
- Mia prepare era 11 – ‘i’d strongly recommend nerd woman to anyone who enjoys good laugh and loves an unique facts.’
- Safiyah Afghan – ‘an ideal publication for adolescent babes exactly who enjoy these clever e-books about common young adults who go through major variations, but remain genuine to themselve.’
- Carla Mc Guigan get older 12 – ‘This book ended up being a really fascinating browse and that I truly treasured checking out it. I enjoy checking out more of Holly Smale’s e-books.’
- Emily Clowes, 11 – ‘nerd lady is actually a phenomenal publication. Harriet along with her companion, Nat are living in a whole lot of trends. Are clever doesn’t usually make it easier to during your difficulties and Harriet finds this out when she passes through the girl teenager confusions. This guide is stuffed with fun and rips; it’s a bit like being on a roller coaster and finding yourself at the conclusion of a catwalk each time.